Top 5 Best Places to Live in UK, Safest and Most Affordable Cities in United Kingdom via Afrokonnect, Are you on the lookout for the best place to stay in the UK?
Here is the right guide to answer all your questions.
We all have reasons why we choose to relocate and if you are looking for a place in the UK to call a hike in 2023,
You have to consider the environment, better employment opportunities and proximity to basic essential amenities.
Top 5 Best Places to Live in UK – Nice Places to Live United Kingdom in 2023
According to the Halifax Quality of Life Survey, Orkney is the best place to live in the UK,
Orkney is considered to be one of the best places to stay in the UK because of its affordable standard of living and highest employment rate,
As one of the safest place to live in Uk, residents of Orkney enjoy lower crime rates and good health.
Sunday Times Best places to live reported that Salisbury in Wiltshire is the best place to stay in the UK,
Salisbury’s growing surrounding and its topping list of ‘real collective spirit’ in the wake of the Novichok poisoning attack brought Salisbury to the spotlight.
3. East Hertfordshire
The Halifax Quality of Life Survey spotted East Hertfordshire as one of the best places to stay in the UK,
The East Hertfordshire’s picturesque countryside, bustling market, good schools and health facilities is one of the reasons why you should consider East Hertfordshire if you want to relocate to uk,
And the high average earnings of residents brought Ease Hertfordshire to the spotlight.
Best place to live in UK – Moving to the UK in 2023
You should also consider Rushmore in Hampshire as one of the best places to stay in the UK,
One of the reasons is because of its highest average rating for life satisfaction with 8.6 out of 10,
If you are really serious about moving to the Uk then Rushmore should be on your list of nice places to live in the uk.
5. Kensington and Chelsea
Kensington and Chelsea have the highest weekly average earning at £1,392 per week,
If you work hard in Kensington then you’ll be able to make a living and pay your bills comfortably,
You can also consider it as one of the best places to stay in the UK.
- Best Places to live in Canada | Most Affordable and Safest Cities
- Top 10 Largest and Safest Cities in USA
- Cost of Living in United Kingdom: London, Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham
CHEAPEST PLACES TO LIVE IN ENGLAND 2023
The number of immigrants to the UK increases massively every year even though United Kingdom is a small place in terms of geography,
Living in England comes with high expenses and bills,
So you’ll want to make sure you are moving to where you can survive financially,
Hence, the need for a continued research for the cheapest place to stay in England,
Here is the list of the 5 best cheapest and most affordable places to stay in England.
Geographically, Durham is located in Northeast England,
Durham is one of the cheapest places to live in English due to some factors such as average rent, entertainment, cost of living and good schools.
The average income of a Durham resident is £26k per annum.
Its local attraction includes:
- Durham Castle
- Botanic garden
- Oriental Museum
- Wharton pack
Best Places to live in UK in 2023
Geographically, Leicester is located in the East Midlands region of England,
With approximately £12 monthly utility bill for a resident of Leicester is one of the cheapest and most affordable places you should consider to stay in England.
England Students in Leicester can get accommodations for £83 per week and the student pass is also made available for £29,
Affordable meals and entertainment put Leicester on the list of best places to stay in England.
The average income of its residents is £26k per annum.
Leicester local attraction includes:
- Bradgate park
- National Space Center
- Abbey Park
- Leicester Cathedral
Staying in Stirling located in Central Scotland is an excellent choice for one of the cheapest places to stay in England,
Monthly travel passes in Stirling cost nearly £73.
Clothing, growing health care and restaurants, and even Gasoline prices are considered to be low in Stirling.
An average income of a Stirling resident is valued at £26k per annum.
Stirling local attraction includes:
- Holy Rude
- Stirling Castle
- Stirling Old Town Jail.
- The National Wallace Monument.
- St. Columba’s Church Stirling.
Belfast, which lies 12m above sea level in Northern Ireland, is also an affordable place to stay.
The monthly travel pass in Belfast cost £58,
There are also grocery stores, restaurants, and laser treatment clinics that are considered less expensive.
An average Belfast resident earns £27k per annum.
Its local attraction includes:
- Belfast City Hall
- Titanic Belfast
- Ulster Museum
- Belfast castle
Best place to live in UK in 2023
Coventry, located in Central England with a £655 rate for 1BHK around the city and £530 outside the city is considered one of the cheapest places to stay in England,
Local market, transportation, and monthly travel charges are an affordable range here.
The average income of Coventry residents is £30k per annum.
Its local attraction includes:
- Coventry Cathedral
- War Memorial Park
- Herbert Art Gallery and Museum
- Coventry Transport Museum
- National Trust Baddesley Clinton.
Other cheap and affordable places to stay in England include:
BEST PLACES TO LIVE IN UK – Relocate to London in 2023
Here is a compilation of the best places to live in London based on preferences
- Clapham: Clapham is one of the best places to stay in London for young professionals.
- Angel: Angel is a place to be considered by restaurant lovers to live in London.
- Putney: Putney is one of the safest places in London to live in.
- Vauxhall: If you are in your twenties and you are considering living in London, Vauxhall is the place to put into consideration.
- Ladbroke Grove: Ladbroke Grove is the best place for people in their forties to live in London.
- Kentish Town: A cocktail lover should consider Kentish Town as one of the top places to move into.
- West Hampstead: West Hampstead is the best place for young families to live in London.
- Colindale: Colindale is one of the best places in North West London to live in.
- Finchley: Finchley is one of the best places in North London to live in.
- Fulham: If you consider a good school’s preference to live in London, Fulham is the best place.
- Stratford: Stratford is a great place in East London to live in.
- Chelsea: Chelsea is a place for football lovers to consider.
STEPS TO MOVING TO THE UK FROM US – INTERNATIONAL MOVERS USA TO UK
American residents and citizens move to the United Kingdom for many reasons,
UK free health care services and abundant job opportunities are some of the reasons why Americans have considered relocating to the UK.
It is essential to know about the steps involved in relocating to the UK from the US.
Step 1: Get a UK Visa and residence permit.
American citizens need a visa to move to the UK,
The exception is when you are visiting for a short time plan like six months but you can’t work in the UK with a visa-free stay.
Step 2: Find affordable accommodation.
Before you move, you should make research on how much renting or buying houses costs in the part of the UK you wish to stay.
It is recommended that you visit the UK in search of a place to stay and since American citizens can stay up to six months without a visa, you shouldn’t have any issues with doing this.
Step 3: Moving your belongings.
To move your belongings to the US, there are essentially two means to do that, which are:
- A) By ship: Using a ship to move your belongings is cheaper but it takes several months to receive your things. You can only consider using this option a few months before your final trip.
- B) By air: This is the fastest means but it is costly.
Best Place to Live in UK | Safest & Most Affordable Cities in United Kingdom – 2023
Step 4: Gef a bank account.
You can’t access a bank account in the UK without an address,
You can either rent a bank account in the UK or follow several other available options.
Get your US bank to open an account for you if it has a branch in the UK or it is a partnered bank,
Find a UK bank with International account options.
Such bank that allows a non-resident to open an account from abroad include:
- Lloyds Bank
The Video below is about the 15 best places to live in England watch and enjoy,
It will help you in making your decision about moving from USA to UK:
CAN I MOVE TO THE UK WITHOUT A JOB?
Migrating to the UK without a job requires that you meet some criteria for other non-work visas.
- You can apply for a UK ancestry visa if one of your grandparents was born in the UK,
This visa allows you to stay up to five years before applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
- The second option is you can apply for an investor visa if you have at least £2million to invest in the UK economic growth.
- Third option of moving to UK without a Job is you can also apply for an innovator visa if you have a business idea of something that has never been done in the UK market with an eligible sponsor.
- Everything you need to know about Investment Visa and Investment App for Beginners.
- 10 Best Restaurants in London – Most Beautiful places to eat
FASTEST WAY TO MOVE TO USA FROM UK IN 2023
The fastest and easiest means to move from the UK is to apply for a visa,
The US department of state issues visas to foreigners traveling to the United States.
Here are some of the commonly requested visas you can also apply for:
- Immigrant Visa for permanent residency
- Visitors Visa for tourism or business.
- Student Visa
- Transit Visa for traveling through the US on your way to another country.
- Fiance(e) Visa to marry your US citizen fiance and live in the Us.
HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO MIGRATE TO THE UK?
Migrating to the UK can cost you up to £3,000 to £4,000 for your visa and healthcare,
You might also need to have £2,000 available to cover up for your rent, bills and bond.
HOW CAN I PERMANENTLY MOVE TO THE UK?
To move to the UK permanently, you need a UK Visa and one of the easiest ways to do this is to apply for a job that also has its criteria that need to be met,
To move to the UK permanently, you can get a long term work visa by following the steps below:
- Find employment in the UK.
- Find the correct visa type.
- Apply for the visa
- Move to the UK.
- Get an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
Best Place to Live in UK | Safest & Most Affordable Cities in United Kingdom 2023
There are several best places to stay in the UK which depend on your preferences and purse.
To move from the UK to the US for American citizens, you need to apply for a visa but you can also stay up to six months in the UK without a visa.
Another means to get to stay permanently in the UK without a work visa is to consider the several staying/visa options.
Congratulations you’ve made it to the end of this article about Top 5 Best Places to Live in UK, Safest and Most Affordable Cities in United Kingdom via Afrokonnect,
We hope you found what you were looking for, if you haven’t, kindly let us know what you think via the comment section.