This page contains information about Ireland Visa types, Application and Requirements for Irish visas via Afrokonnect.
It is possible for Nigerians to travel a number of countries either without the need for a visa or by obtaining one upon their arrival.
But, to our great regret, Ireland is not counted among those visa free nations Nigerians.
It is necessary to secure a visa from the Ireland Embassy in Nigeria in order to travel to Ireland if you are a Nigerian citizen,
Regardless of whether you plan to go there as a tourist, student, or businessperson.
While the Ireland consulate can be found in Ikoyi at 22A, Lugard Avenue,
The embassy of Ireland in Nigeria can be found in Abuja at 1, Negro crescent, Maitama District, Abuja.
The embassy of Ireland in Nigeria is located in the capital city of Nigeria,
You have the option of applying for your Irish visa at either the Lagos Ireland Visa Application center or the Abuja Visa Application center.
The Lagos Ireland Visa Application center is located on the first floor of number 16 Billings way in the Oregun Industrial area of Ikeja, Lagos,
While the Abuja Visa Application center can be found at number 38 Lobito crescent in Wuse II, Abuja.
Ireland Visa Application Guide, Types and Requirements for Irish Visas
The following is a list of the requirements that must be met in order to apply for each visa category:
In order to apply for a tourist visa, you will need to fill out an application form online,
Then also send a letter of application that is hand written, signed, and includes the following information:
- Your primary objective in coming to our country.
- Your anticipated length of time here.
- Photographs for use in passports (Recent)
- Specifics regarding any family members who are presently residing in Ireland or any other country in the European Union.
- Written promise stating that you will exit the country upon the end of your visa and will fully comply with all of the requirements that are associated with your visa.
After filling out this form, you will need to hand sign it and deliver it in person to the Visa Application Center,
Along with a passport that is valid for at least six months after the date that you intend to travel.
Payment of N13,500 ($30) for a single voyage and N22,500 ($50) for multiple journeys is required in order to submit an application for an Ireland visa.
In addition to that, you will be responsible for paying a VAC service charge of N9,500 ($20), as well as a VAT of 5% and bank charges of N400 ($1).
Depending on whether in Lagos or Abuja you choose to process the application, you will need to pay these costs in one of the specified banks in either city.
IRELAND BUSINESS VISAS
This is for Nigerians who are interested in conducting business or attending work-related events in Ireland,
Such as meetings, conferences, or trade exhibits.
The following types of documentation must be presented in order to apply for a business visit visa to Ireland:
- Two pictures in color and the appropriate size for passports (recent)
- A current international passport that will remain valid for travel for at least six months after the day you intend to leave Ireland.
- Complete copy of any previous international passports held by the traveler.
A letter of application that has been signed and provides information on the following areas:
- Several compelling reasons to travel to Ireland
- Intentional or planned duration of one’s stay in the country
- When you arrive in Ireland, specifics regarding your accommodations must be provided.
- Specifics regarding other members of the family that are presently residing in Ireland.
You need to show portion of the trip’s expense that will be covered by you,
As well as the amount that will be paid for by third parties as a percentage.
The case is similar when you’re applying for Canadian Business Visa or American Business visa,
An assurance that you will depart Ireland following the expiration of your visa must be provided as well.
Ireland Visa Application Guide
Confirmation of travel arrangements and accommodation reservations,
Copy of the bank statement that you’ve been using for the past six months,
And a letter of invitation from the nation that will be hosting you in Ireland must be provided by you.
You need to proof there is evidence of connections to Nigeria (proof of strong family, social or economic ties to Nigeria).
Individuals who are self-employed are subject to additional requirements,
Including the provision of information regarding their businesses as well as copies of financial business accounts, tax returns, and current receipts.
You will also be needed to pay the requisite visa fees, which are N13,500 ($30) for a single voyage and N22,500 ($50) for multiple journeys,
You will present proof of payment in person when you present the original copies of your documents.
- Australian Visa Application Guide: Fees and Requirement
- Singapore Visa Application: Requirement and Fees
- Richest Countries in the World (Top 10 Wealthiest)
IRELAND/IRISH STUDENT VISAS
In order to submit an application for a student visa to Ireland, you will be required to submit the following documents:
- a letter of acceptance from the college that will be attended
- Documentation demonstrating the applicant’s ability to pay tuition costs.
- Private medical insurance
Documentation demonstrating that you have sufficient funds to pay your living expenses for the entire study year, at least 3,000 Euros (N1,307,407).
People who are seeking for student visas are obliged to hand in their applications in person to the visa application center of their choice.
After submitting the necessary documents for a visa application,
You will be able to check the status of your visa application online.
If you planning to go to Ireland for study or relocation, you should check out the cost of living in Ireland.
Ireland Visa Application Guide, Types and Requirements for Irish Visas in Nigeria
Everything you need to know about Visa for Ireland has been explained in the video below by Nancy Mosaic,
The video is a complete guide on the Irish visa application process regardless of where you are are applying from;
This brings us to the end of this publication about Ireland Visa Application Guide, Types and Requirements for Irish Visas in Nigeria.