How to apply for Canada visa and Migrate Easily via Afrokonnect.
If you a Nigerian or from any African country planning to move to Canada then you’re in the right place. Weather your trip is Temporary or permanently, If Canada is on your radar for this year OR near future, then continue reading.
The first step and one of the most important thing to do is to check your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
1. Check your CRS score
This is usually for skilled immigrants (Express Entry),
The CRS tool will help you calculate your Comprehensive Ranking System score based on the answers you provide;
The CRS is a points based system that is used to assess and score your profile and rank it in the Express Entry pool.
Usually it is used to assess your:
- language ability
- work experience
- other factors
More Information: Visit HERE
2. Know How the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) works
This program is for workers who:
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
Each province and territory Footnote has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements.
For example, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target:
- business people
- skilled workers
- semi-skilled workers
How to apply for Canada visa and Migrate Easily
3. Understand the application options
How you will apply depends on which Provincial Nominee Program stream you’re applying to.
You might need to apply using the paper-based process,
or by the online process through Express Entry.
Everyone must have these checks, no matter where they plan to live in Canada.
In the paper-based process:
- You apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream.
- You need to meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
- Once you have been nominated, you submit a paper application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- You have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). Everyone must have these checks, no matter where you plan to live in Canada.
- Application processing times are longer than through Express Entry.
Express Entry process
In the online Express Entry process, there are 2 ways to apply:
- You contact the province or territory and apply for a nomination under an Express Entry stream.
- If the province or territory agrees to nominate you, you create an Express Entry profile (or update your profile if you already have one) and show you have been nominated.
- You create an Express Entry profile and show the provinces and territories you’re interested in.
- If a province or territory sends you a “notification of interest” to your account, you contact them directly.
- You apply to their Express Entry stream:
- If you’re nominated, the province will offer it to you through your account, and you accept it electronically.
In both cases:
- You must meet the eligibility requirements of the province or territory. And,
- You must submit an Express Entry profile and show that you meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry, including being eligible for one of the immigration programs it covers.
- If you are invited to apply, you submit an electronic application to IRCC.
Are you a Nigerian planning to move to Canada?
Choose a province or territory, To be nominated by a province or territory,
You must follow the instructions on their website and contact them directly:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
The criteria by province and territory vary and can change without notice.
For more Information: Visit HERE
Here are 3 Canadian cities, most in-demand jobs they are known for & the population of Nigerians in said cities.
Perhaps, it can serve as a decision maker for you or anyone you know.
1. Toronto, Ontario
Most in-demand jobs: A Tech hub. (If you are into IT and certain professional occupation this is the place for you.)
Average city pay: $23.21/hr to $51.24 for 7.5 hours a day Population of Nigerians:
Approx. 18,855 Employment rate: 62.6 per cent
If you are the type that loves the Lagos city life, Toronto is the place for you.
I mean, if you love Faji kind of flex, this is the place to stop.
2. Vancouver, British Columbia
Most in-demand jobs: Geo-technical Engineer, Accountant, E. Engineer
Average city pay: $26.58/hour for 7.5 hours a day Population of Nigerians:
Approx. 1,605 Employment rate: 62.3% If you love sea food, say no more, this is your city.
3. Edmonton, Alberta
Most in-demand jobs: Administrative Assistant, Legal Assistant, & Operations Manager
Average city pay: $20.63/hr – $52.52/hr for 7.5 hours a day
Employment rate: 69.8 per cent Population of Nigerians: Approx. 3,350
Edmonton is Canada’s festival city, so if you are always in the festive mood and you love Ogun, New Yam or Argungu festival but want to try something different, this is your city.
- Turkey Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- How to Migrate to Norway and become a permanent resident
- 10 Tourist attractions in Nigeria: Fun places to visit
Before you travel to Canada for whatever reason you might have in mind, one of the most important things you’ll need to know is the standard of living and Cost of living in Canada.
How to apply for Canada visa and Migrate from Nigeria Easily
If you a Nigerian or from any African country planning to move to Canada then you’re in the right place,
How much is Canada visa fee in Nigerian Naira
We have different types of Visa and permit with different prices,
Ranging from Study permit, Work permit, Visitor visa and so on,
If you’re wondering how much it’ll cost you to get a Canadian visa/permit then worry not,
Below is breakdown of fees charged for Permit/Visa to live in Canada;
Study permit (including extensions)
$150 – 59,283 Nigerian Naira
Work permit (including extensions)
$155 – 61,259 Nigerian Naira
Work permit – maximum fee for groups of performing artists and their staff
$100 – 39,522 Nigerian Naira
Visitor visa – single entry or multiple entry (including extensions)
$10 – 3,952 Nigerian Naira
What documents are needed to apply for Canadian visa?
The Basic entry requirements to Canada are;
- have a valid travel document, like a passport.
- be in good health.
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions.
- convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country.
How long does it take to get a Canada visa?
To get a Canadian visa it’ll take you Approximately two to four weeks,
The Canada visa processing time varies for each specific case,
It can take anywhere between two to four weeks, or even longer.
Your Canadian visa begins to process only after the Canadian authorities have received your complete application.
This is end of this article about How to apply for Canada visa and Migrate Easily,
Don’t forget to to check out our Visa Application and travels page for more.
Are you a Nigerian planning to move to Canada ? Contact Tunde Omotoye