2021/2022 University of Edinburgh Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for study in Scotland (Fully Funded)
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
21 scholarships are available for the 2021/22 academic year,
which will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including work-based placements, mentorship,
and other activities during the academic year.
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- Global Health Policy ( MSc )
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Finance, Technology and Policy ( MSc )
- MSc Food Security
- MSc Design Informatics
University of Edinburgh Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have graduated no later than September 2020
- must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country.
Applicants currently residing outside of this region for education reasons only can still apply
- More so, Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
- must want to study one of the eligible degree programmes at the University of Edinburgh
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree programme of their choice
- Then, Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship
University of Edinburgh Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Benefits
- 21 scholarships are available for the 2021/22 academic year, which will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
Application to the scholarship and the University of Edinburgh
If you apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program please apply for the scholarship first.
If you are successful in the scholarship process, the team will support you to apply for admission to your chosen degree programme.
And, If you are applying for other scholarships in the University of Edinburgh, please apply directly to the degree programme of your choice.
More information on how to apply can be found on each individual degree programme web page in the University Degree Finder.
Deadline: October 30th 2020 at 2pm UK time.