Welcome to this post about African Union Internship Program 2023, via Afrokonnect.
The African Union was formed as a one-of-a-kind Pan-African continental body with the mission of accelerating Africa’s integration and ensuring the continent’s long-term prosperity,
Through the promotion of intra-African and inter-African unity, solidarity, cohesion, and cooperation and the creation of a New Partnership for the World.
Addis Abeba, Ethiopia is home to its headquarters.
The African Union hopes to realize this goal by improving its ability to carry out various institutional reforms.
To that end, the African Union Commission’s Internship Program is open to citizens of African Union Member States.
African Union Internship Program 2023
- Respect for Diversity and Team Work
- Think Africa Above all
- Transparency and Accountability
- Integrity and Impartiality
- Efficiency and Professionalism
- Information and Knowledge Sharing
Purpose of the Internship
Interns in the African Union Internship Program are given the chance to gain practical work experience and enhance their academic credentials.
Full-time participation in the AU internship program provides qualified students from a wide range of disciplines with access to professional development opportunities at the university.
They welcome applications from anyone who meets the requirements listed below, as we are an inclusive and welcoming organization.
Applicants should have a genuine interest in the AU’s mission and be comfortable communicating with people from a wide range of cultural and religious backgrounds.
The program’s objective is to enhance the personal and professional development of its participants by introducing them to the inner workings of the AU at a formative stage in their careers.
It’s an opportunity to learn about other cultures while getting real-world experience in a variety of fields.
As a potential training ground for future African leaders, the AU stands to gain support from participants who are well-versed in the issues at hand.
African union internship program
In general, interns assist in providing administrative and technical support for effective implementation of African Union programmes, projects and activities in its below Department/Directorates:
- Cabinet of the Deputy Chairperson
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy and Sustainable Environment (ARBE)
- Economic Development, Trade, Industry, Mining (ETIM)
- Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (ESTI)
- Infrastructure and Energy (IE)
- Political Affairs, Peace and Security (PAPS)
- Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development (HHS)
- Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Operations Support Services
- Management Information Systems Division
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Conference Management and Publications (CMP)
- Office for Safety and Security Services
- Citizens and Diaspora (CIDO)
- Medical and Health Services
- Financial Control Unit
- Office of Strategic Planning and Delivery
- Office of Internal Oversight (OIO)
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Ethics, Integrity and Standards
- Office of the Secretary to the Commission
- The Office of the Legal Counsel (OLC)
- Office of Protocol
- Partnership and Resource Mobilization
- Women, Gender and Youth (WGY)
- Information and Communication
- Peace Fund Secretariat
- New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD)
- Actively enrolled in at least the final year of a Bachelor’s degree program OR
- Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced/ post graduate (Masters) qualification in a related academic field;
- Must be nationals of a Member State of the African Union.
- Be full time students currently enrolled in the final year of their Bachelors or graduate school program.
- Be fluent in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese).
- Must be not more than thirty-two (32) years of age at the time of selection.
- Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity.
- Have not been convicted of any serious criminal offense excluding minor traffic offenses.
- Prior work experience is not required for the internship positions.
Terms and Conditions
- The AU will have no financial obligation towards interns – travel arrangements and cost of accommodation and living expenses will be the responsibility of the interns.
- AU will use reasonable efforts to assist the interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Interns will not be entitled to any compensation for travel.
- The internship will be authorized only once for three (3) month renewable one time for any candidate.
- Interns are not entitled to medical travel or medical evacuation to and from the internship location at the expenses of the Commission. Interns shall therefore have an individual insurance coverage throughout the duration of the internship.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Proficiency with e-mail and internet applications,
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Kiswahili) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Be committed to work
- Ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment
- Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity
African union internship program
The Applications Process
Application for admission to the AU Internship Program are submitted online.
If you are a first-time user of the online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in.
You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of valid passport or national identity card
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
For more Information: Visit the website for African Union Internship Program 2023