Wellington International Excellence Scholarship 2020 for International Undergraduate Students at the Victoria University of Wellington New Zealand.
The purpose of the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship is to recruit high-achieving undergraduate international students currently studying in New Zealand to Victoria University of Wellington and to support them in their studies.
The majority of these scholarships will be awarded at $20,000 over three years of study.
Scholarship Level: School leaver / 1st year
Closing Date(s): 1 September
Tenure: Three years.
Award for: International Students
Number offered: Scholarships will be competitive on the basis of academic merit.
Value: $20,000 over three years paid towards tuition fees
Eligibility – Wellington International Excellence Scholarship 2020
This scholarship is for international school leaver students who have completed at least one full year (ie. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand secondary school and who are enrolling at Victoria University of Wellington in Trimester 1 of the year following application.
Scholarships will be competitive on the basis of academic merit.
Criteria – University of Wellington New Zealand Scholarship for Undergraduate
- Applicants must be international full-fee paying students.
- Applicants must have completed at least one full year (ie. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand secondary school.
- All Applicants must be enrolling in their first year of their first undergraduate degree.
- Finally, Applicants must have NCEA Level 2 (or 3 if taken in Year 12) endorsed with Excellence or equivalent in another qualification.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date.
If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date.
Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A personal statement.
- A reference from your School principal or nominee (requested through the online application).
Selection will be made by a panel of Wellington University International staff.
All recipients of the Wellington International Excellence Scholarships are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of our Halls of Residence,
Scholarships will be comprised of $10,000 for the first year of study, and a further $5,000 for the second and third years of study,
Students must also study full-time (at least 120 points a year) in order to continue to hold the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship.
University of Wellington New Zealand Scholarship for Undergraduate
Regulations and conditions
- Offers of the Scholarship to NCEA candidates will be conditional upon the recipient gaining a Merit or Excellence endorsement on their NCEA Level 3 Certificate.
- CIE candidates will need to gain at least 300 points on the UCAS tariff in their Year 13 subjects.
- Recipients must also gain University Entrance and admission to their programme of study.
- All successful applicants must also gain University Entrance and admission to their programme of study.
- Applicants who wish to enrol at Victoria University of Wellington directly from Year 12 may not apply for the Scholarship unless they will meet all the normal conditions of the scholarship by the end of their Year 12 year (see regulation 8 in particular).
- Applicants who go on an official student school exchange for a minimum of six months instead of completing Year 13 may apply for the Scholarship. These applicants will also need to gain admission through Discretionary Entrance.
- Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
Contact – University of Wellington New Zealand Scholarship for Undergraduate
Scholarships and PhD Admissions Office
Phone +64 463 5557