Apply for the Pitch AgriHack 2021 for Agritech Startups (US$45,000 Cash Prize), Via Afrokonnect.
Pitch AgriHack 2021 is sponsored by global development organization Heifer International,
The competition will identify and amplify efforts by young innovators to build resilience beyond COVID-19 through digital agriculture products and services.
Winners will receive funding and continued support to scale up their innovations to transform the agriculture sector,
The competition provides cash prizes to innovators driving increased use of technology and job creation across the agricultural sector in Africa.
The open competition portion of Pitch AgriHack 2021 will support companies driving innovation in agriculture with prizes totaling $45,000:
Pitch AgriHack for Agritech Startups Requirements
Pitch AgriHack supports technological innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture across Africa,
It targets young entrepreneurs of 18 to 40 years.
Candidates are early-stage, growth-stage, or women-led AgTech companies with innovative solutions impacting smallholder farmers at scale.
Applicants should have:
- A clear and defined description on how their solution is impacting small holder farmers
- Strong organizational and operational structure
The applicant applying must:
- be aged 18-40 on the day of submission to the 2021 Pitch AgriHack Competition
- hold nationality (with official ID) from any of the 54 nations of the African Union
- be the founder/co-founder of the enterprise represented in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership
- have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offences
- Not be a previous Pitch AgriHack finalist or winner
- must submit the application form in English
- must agree with the Terms & Conditions
Pitch AgriHack for Agritech Startups Benefits
Award up to US$1.5 million in grants to scalable ventures that are already generating measurable impact for Africa’s smallholder farmers,
Six winners will be selected from the open-application categories and two winners from the invite-only AYuTe Africa Challenge category.
The winners will be announced at the AGRF Summit which takes place September 6-10 in Nairobi.
Top contestants will receive a one-day boot camp in preparation for their final pitches, with winners receiving continued support as they develop and grow their enterprises.
Business profiles of the finalists will also be published in a Deal Book for circulation at the AGRF and online,
while individual profiles will be made public on the genafrica.org platform and reviewed for relevance to their investor community.
SPECIAL OFFER: MTN Foundation Scholarship Application 2021
Pitch AgriHack for Agritech Startups Selection Criteria:
There will be a screening process to determine the top 12 startups which will be invited to attend pitch training sessions for the online virtual final pitching contest.
Online Screening Criteria
- How real is the need?
- What problem does the solution solve?
- How unique is the solution?
- Does the team demonstrate an ability to execute?
- What is the market opportunity?
Technical Assessment Criteria
- Early Stage Category:
- Feasibility / proof of concept
- Technical viability of the solution
- Mature Stage Category:
- Smallholder farmers reached
Final Pitch Criteria
- Impact on Smallholder Farmers
- Technological Innovation
- Business Model
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Pitch AgriHack 2021