Embassy of France in Ghana Joint Master’s Degree & PhD Scholarship Programmes 2021-2022 For Ghanaian Students.
Within the framework of academic cooperation and student mobility between France and Ghana,
the Embassy of France in Ghana in collaboration with the Ghana Scholarships Secretariat is pleased to announce the second edition of the joint scholarship programme for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The applications are now open for Ghanaians at Master’s and PhD levels on a merit and needs basis.
Eligibility – Embassy of France in Ghana Joint Master’s Degree & PhD Scholarship
Applicants must be of Ghanaian Nationality.
Age limit: Master’s Degree = 35 years; PhD = 40 years for joint application, 45 years for ScholSec application alone.
– Academic level:
– Bachelor’s Degree for a Master’s,
– 2 years Master’s degree or MPhil Degree for a PhD.
Fields of Study: French as a foreign language, STEM, Health, Environment and Sustainable Development, Tourism, Archaeology and Heritage studies, Agriculture and Food Industry.
– First Class or Second Class Upper applicants on their Degree will be given priority consideration.
Mastery of French: French Proficiency is not a requirement for application (except for French as a Foreign Language).
Preferably 2 years post qualification experience for PhD applicants
Completed National Service.
Mode of Application – Embassy of France in Ghana Joint Master’s Degree & PhD Scholarship
Applicants are required to submit both hard and soft copies of their application file before 17:00 GMT on 28th March 2021.
– Soft Copy: Applications must only be sent once to a common email address FranceGhanaScholarships@gmail.com.
The subject of the message should include the first name and SURNAME of the applicant.
– Hard Copy: Applications must be sent or deposited at both the Embassy of France in Accra and the Scholarship Secretariat.
– Cooperation and Cultural Affairs Department (SCAC) at the French Embassy in Ghana, Fourth Circular Road, Cantonments, Accra, P. O. Box 187 Accra.
– Scholarships Secretariat – Hilla Limann Highway, near Accra High School, P.O. Box. M 75 Accra
An acknowledgement of receipt of a complete application (hard and soft copy) will be sent to applicants via email.
In the case where only one format of the application has been received, the application will be considered incomplete and shall not be considered for selection.
The application file should contain the following:
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Application form to be downloaded and filled (typed) (Link)
- Cover letter of the student (maximum of 1 page) detailing the student’s motivation
- Reference Letter from your University
- Academic file: Copies of full academic transcripts and degrees
- Proof of Registration or pre-registration with a French university for a master’s degree or a PhD.
For applicants to PhD, kindly attach your research topic as well as an acceptance letter from your PhD supervisor in France
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Documents describing the financial situation of the applicant
Also Check out:- Fruit South Africa Internship for South Africans
– A selection committee will examine only complete applications.
– Pre-selected applicants will be invited for an interview in the month of April before final selection.
– The list of selected applicants will be published on the French Embassy’s website www.ambafrance-gh.org, in May 2021,
Successful applicants will be informed by mail.
For information on higher education in France or on compulsory documents requested,
Duration and Benefits:
– Three (3) stays in France of six (6) months each, over a three-year period including:
– Three (3) return tickets to France (One (1) for each stay)
– Free Visa
– Free basic registration fees to an institution of higher education in France up to a maximum of €5,000 per year